Merit Scholarship of Islamic Development Bank Awards (IDB Awards) in the Field of High Technology
The IDB Merit scholarship award was launched in 1413H (1992), named ‘The IDB MeritScholarship Programme for High Technology’ (MSP). This scholarship award is mainly purposed to develop technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of the member countries.
The IDB research scholarship is a full scholarship which will cover the following things:
- All academic expenses
- Living allowances
- Health Insurance
- Round trip air-tickets to and from place of study
- Conference Participation allowance
- Scientific Paper preparation allowance
- Computer allowance (for PhD only)
- Family allowance (for PhD only)
All candidates must meet all the conditions below:
- Age not over (a) 35 years for Ph.D. study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral research;
- Attached to a research/academic/development institution in science and technology in their respective country;
- Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their proposed study/research and have some professional/research experience in the respective field;
- Demonstrate that the research proposal has scientific and technological relevance with the objective of meeting the priority development needs of the country;
- Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it.
Only applicants from the following countries are eligible to apply: f Comoros, Syria, Albania, Bangladesh, Somalia, Burkina Faso, Chad, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, Egypt, Togo, Turkey, Uganda, Yemen, Tajikistan, Djibouti, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Gabon, Indonesia, Gambia, Jordan, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyz, Lebanon, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Pakistan, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Sierra Leone, Cote dIvoire, Brunei, Guinea Bissau, Libya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Oman, Bahrain, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Benin, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Suriname and Senegal.
Level and Area of Studies
Research Phd and Postdoctoral in Health/medicine, Agriculture/Food production, Water Resources/ Desertification, Energy/Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology, Development-focused ICT, and pure Science subjects.
Download the application form for 3-Year Ph.D. Study or application form for Post-Doctoral Research. The applications must be submitted through the nominating institutions to the Office of the IDB Governor for the country. It is the Office of the IDB Governor that will forward the applications to the IDB and not the individual applicants or the nominating institutions. As for Egypt, applications should be forwarded through the Ministry of Higher Education, Egypt instead of Office of the IDB Governor. Applications sent directly to the IDB will not be considered.
December 31 each year
If you have any further question please visit:http://www.isdb.org/irj/go/km/docs/documents
Priority shall be given to those PhD applicants who have secured admission at universities that have concluded a cooperation agreement with the IDB such as Cambridge University, Oxford University, Nottingham University and Birmingham University, UCL in the UK, Princeton University in USA, Paris-Tech in France and KAUST in Saudi Arabia or from the top 50 universities on the THES list.
Website and Application Link