Erasmus Mundus Fatima Al Fihri Scholarships for North African Students
The Erasmus Mundus Fatima Al Fihri Programme (EMA2-STRAND 1, LOT 1) is a Partnership between 20 Universities from NorthAfrica (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) and from Europe (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain).
The consortium has the support of associated institutions mainly in North Africa such as Ministries of Higher Education, governmental institutions, associations of universities and youth organizations.
This partnership has been done within the framework of the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Strand 1 Lot 1.
The Erasmus Mundus Fatima Al Fihri is grant programme to carry out academic activities in North Africa and in Europe.
In order to be an eligible candidate it is required to:
For North African students and staff:
- Must be a NATIONAL of one of the third-countries: Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt or Libya.
- Belong to the Target Group 1 or Target Group 2 or Target Group 3 (as described below):
- Target Group 1 – Are nationals of North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) who are registered or work in one of the third-country HEIs member of the partnership at the time of submitting their application to the partnership.
- Target Group 2 – Are nationals of North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) who:
- Are registered/work in a higher education institution of these countries that are not included in the partnership (students and staff);
- Have obtained a university degree or equivalent by an institution of these countries (students only). This includes the possibility of providing mobility opportunities to third-country nationals working in public administration, public and private enterprises and non-profit organizations.
- Target Group 3 – Nationals North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) concerned by the geographical lot who are in particularly vulnerable situations, for social and political reasons.
- Must have NOT RESIDED NOR HAVE CARRIED OUT THEIR MAIN ACTIVITY (studies, work, etc) FOR MORE THAN A TOTAL OF 12 MONTHS OVER THE LAST FIVE YEARS in any of the eligibleEuropean countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership. (This rule does not apply to Target group 3 candidates).
- Proof of language level required by the host university.
- Citizens of any one of Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya; and
- A national of the European Union
20 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) from 5 North African countries (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) and 9 HEIs from 8 European countries (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal and Spain).
The Partner Universities In Europe include:
- University of Deusto, Spain (Coordinating University)
- Humboldt Universitesit ze Berlin, Germany
- Universita degli studi di Padova, Italy
- Universidade Do Porto, Portugal
- University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Universite de Lille, France
- Universite du Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Universite de Mons, Belgium
- Universite de Stasbourg, France
Fields of study
The EMA2-STRAND1 Fatima Al-Fihri programme operates in all fields of study. Nevertheless you will find the academic programmes available in the universities of the partnership.
To see the academic offer per university please visit the FIELDS OF STUDY section of the official website (link to it is below).
Coverage of the Mobility Grant
Monthly subsistence allowance which depends on the type of monthly:
- Undergraduate – 1,000 Euros
- Master – 1,000 Euros
- Doctorate – 1,500 Euros
- Post-Doctorate – 1,800 Euros
- Staff – 2,500 Euros
- Travel, Accident and Health Insurance
- One Round Trip
Method of Application
Please note that in order to be an eligible candidate, you must have not resided nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries. (This rule does not apply to Target group 3 candidates).
In order to complete your application correctly, please read the Online Application Instructions found on the official website carefully.
Please, remember to fill in the online form in English.
All applicants must fulfill the requirements established in the WHO CAN PARTICIPATE section of the official website, according to North African students and staff (see ‘Eligibility’ above) or European students and staff.
You can Apply Now for the Erasmus Mundus Fatima Al Fihri Scholarship.
The Application Deadline for this scholarship is January 15th 2014