Netherlands: PhD position Computational systems genetics of complex phenotypes in human cells at UMCG
– A proven ability to perform creative interdisciplinary research is required for this position.
– Skills in computer programming (e.g. JAVA, R, Perl), experience with different operating systems (Linux, Windows) will be important.
– A pro-active attitude and the ability to initiate and execute research lines independently.
– Excellent communication and reporting skills are necessary. You should be able to write scientific articles and reports (to be proven by your graduation thesis or another comparable report) and be fluent in English language (written and verbal).
– Only applications with a clear, concrete and personal ‘statement of interest’ for this project will be considered.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. You may be required to build up sufficient protection against Hepatitis B before you can be appointed. Vaccination is provided by the UMCG if necessary.
Conditions of employment
The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centers (CAO-UMC).
University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG)
Department of Genetics
Links: www.geneticsgroningen.nl or www.systemsgenetics.nl