Germany: Six PhD Scholarships in Dynamic Capabilities and Relationships The European University Viadrina (EUV)
Description: The European University Viadrina (EUV) and the German Graduate School of Management and Law (GGS) are inviting applications for six scholarships in their joint Doctoral Program in Dynamic Capabilities and Relationships.
The aim of the doctoral program is to create knowledge about how organizations achieve and sustain competitive advantage in rapidly changing environments through the development of critical competences in relationship with other organizations and stakeholders.
The program is located in Germany at the EUV campus in Frankfurt (Oder) and at GGS in Heilbronn. Not to be confused with the larger city Frankfurt/Main to the west, Frankfurt (Oder) lies 80 km east of Berlin on the German-Polish border − the Oder River − and has a population of 60,000. EUV’s three faculties the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, the Faculty of Law, and the Faculty of Social and Cultural Sciences emphasize European aspects in their research and teaching. Heilbronn (population 125,000) is located in southern Germany in one of Europe’s most thriving economic regions. GGS focuses on research in the fields of management and law and specializes in part-time post-graduate education for working professionals.
Scholarship recipients will participate in seminars at both institutions and develop their own dissertation and research agenda within the aim of the doctoral program. In the first year, scholarship recipients will spend one semester in Frankfurt (Oder) and one semester in Heilbronn. In the subsequent two years, scholarship recipients have the choice of being located either in Frankfurt (Oder) or in Heilbronn. The program language is English. Scholarships are based on the guidelines of the German Research Foundation (www.dfg.de).
Eligibility: Minimum requirements for the positions: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in business studies, social or behavioral sciences, or related field. Interested applicants should send their application with the subject header “Doctoral Program” to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must contain the following documents in one PDF file not exceeding 10 MB:
- Completed application form (available at www.dcr-research.de)
- Master’s certificate or evidence that all requirements for a Master’s degree will be completed by April 2014
- One-page statement (max. 500 words) explaining the candidate’s interest in and suitability for the position
- Outline of a potential research project in the area of Dynamic Capabilities and Relationships (max. 1,000 words plus references)
- If Master’s thesis is in English or German: Copy of Master’s thesis and summary of Master’s thesis (max. 500 words)
- If Master’s thesis is in a language other than English or German, or if thesis
is not yet completed: Extended abstract of Master’s thesis (max. 1,500
words plus references)
- Names and contact information of three referees
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing date: January 6th, 2014
For further information: please contact: email@example.com