Germany: Research Associate (m/f) for Trait Introgression and Quality Management at KWS
Description: KWS is one of the most innovative and long established plant breeding and seed companies worldwide. For more than 150 years we have been breeding and marketing high performance varieties for the modern farmer. Our key crops are sugar beet, corn and cereals as well as oil seed crops and potatoes. Our core markets are in the temperate climate zones of Europe, North and South America as well as China.
Starting: We are seeking for February 1st, 2014 a Research Associate (m/f) for Trait Introgression and Quality Management
on a full time basis and permanent basis contract for the maize breeding team of KWS in Einbeck, Germany.
- Establish procedures and work instructions for quality assurance in maize breeding
- Plan and co-ordinate quality assurance analysis of GM maize breeding material on a routine basis
- Implement stewardship measures for transgenic traits
- Supervise the introgression of added value traits into elite germplasm
- Plan and conduct field trials for the evaluation of new added value traits
- Master degree or PHD in agronomy, plant breeding or biology
- Knowledge in plant breeding and statistics
- Basic knowledge in molecular biology
- Excellent team player and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English verbal and written is required
- Willingness for occasional travelling