Germany: PostDoc Researcher within the Helmholtz Research Group at Oxide Spintronics Laboratory
The research group “Oxide Spintronics Lab” explores the interrelations between magnetism, electronic structure and spin-related transport phenomena in magnetic oxides. By bridging the gap between materials science, synchrotron radiation based spectroscopy and nanoscale electronic transport, our research attempts to unlock the rich potential of functional oxide hybrids for spintronic applications. In order to strengthen our activities in the area of advanced oxide synthesis and nanoelectronic transport, we are seeking highly motivated PostDoc with a strong scientific and practical background in oxide spintronics.
- Ph.D. in experimental solid state physics or closely related fields
- Strong background in thin film deposition (ideally oxide molecular beam epitaxy)
- Strong background in nanostructuring and device fabrication
- Experience in synchrotron-radiation based characterizaton techniques
- Strong technical background in ultrahigh vacuum equipment operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- The successful candidate will join a dynamic research team in an excellent scientific environment with state-of-the-art technical infrastructure. A novel Oxide-MBE system with in-situ XPS analysis for highest precision oxide synthesis was recently acquired within a Helmholtz Starting Grant
- Employment limited to a two-year contract
- Opportunity to job share
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD)
Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particulary welcomes applications from women.
We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online, via our online recruitment system until 05.12.2013, quoting the reference number 2013-240.
Fon: +49 2461 61-9700