UK: PhD Scholarship in Healthcare Analytics at University of Bath
Description:The University and the Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Trust has jointly funded a full-time University Research Studentship to enable an excellent candidate to work on a combined University-hospital research project. The research has the potential to generate novel conceptual insight and practical impact on the design of healthcare
systems and on patient outcomes. Using a multi-method approach, the project will involve carrying out secondary data analysis, empirical work and computer modelling to characterise both the problem, its key potential causal factors, and to identify and test a number of improvement options.
Funding: The successful candidate will be supported for three years, starting in early 2014, by a £13,726 (2013/14 rate) per annum stipend, Home/EU tuition fees and an annual Training Support Grant.
Eligibility:We are looking for a candidate with exceptional academic qualifications, strong quantitative and qualitative skills (or with the desire to acquire the necessary qualitative skills), and strong commitment to acquiring a research training that will allow her/him to become a leading academic. Knowledge of and experience in medical statistics and healthcare related research will be additional assets as will the willingness and flexibility to work in close collaboration with health professionals. In particular, applications are welcomed from genuinely outstanding graduates who:
1. must hold at a minimum a bachelor degree (a First or Upper-second or GPA equivalent) and preferably a master degree in a relevant area.
2. Are fluent in English.
3. Are strongly committed to, and potentially capable of, high-quality academic research in the area of healthcare analytics, as well as the ability and desire to develop their teaching skills in the area of business analytics.
4. Are in a position to start the programme by March 2014 at the latest.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply directly onlinehttps://www.bath.ac.uk/study/pg/applications.pl attaching without fail as additional documents, ALL of the following:
1. A single document containing the following and in this order:-
a) A statement up to 300 words of why you think you should be awarded this studentship.
b) An additional statement up to 200 words of why you want to pursue a career as an academic.
2. A full academic CV, including all schools, colleges and universities attended, along with grades and other verifiable evidence of academic ability and achievement, plus any working experience plus the full contact details of at least two academic referees who will be prepared to give references at possibly short notice, and a statement of willingness to be interviewed if short-listed.
3. Copies of official academic achievements in undergraduate degree classification and master degree award if available, plus copies of official transcripts of all degree subjects taken, proof of English fluency (non-native English speakers only), and GRE, GMAT, GPA scores if available.
Note: Applications that do not supply all of the above items in full will NOT be considered, so do please be sure to send ALL the items requested.
Closing date for applications: 2th December 2013 at 13:00 (GMT)
All applicants are advised to view the School’s webpages: http://www.bath.ac.uk/management/
Applicants must be seeking to earn a PhD on a full-time basis and be a new PhD student to the School of Management. Annual continuation of studentships will depend on satisfactory academic performance by holders. For any queries please contact: Graduate Division, School of Management, University of Bath, Bath,
BA2 7AY, United Kingdom. Email: email@example.com Tel: 44 (0) 1225 386162.