Japan: Toshiba Fellowship Programme 2014
The Toshiba Fellowship Programme (TFP) offers outstanding scientists an annual opportunity to apply to join Toshiba’s research and development laboratories in Japan, initially for one year, on a Research Fellowship Contract.
The TFP is a unique opportunity for recently qualified PhD level scientists, mainly from science, computing and mathematics disciplines. It offers a chance to journey alongside Toshiba into innovation, discovering a new world of research and development, as well as exploring and living a new cultural experience in Japan.
Toshiba Fellows nurture cross-cultural understanding between the UK, Europe and Japan whilst benefiting from working in our highly innovative and research-centred organisation, in a country renowned for its world class technology. Every Toshiba Fellow has a real possibility to contribute to our future technologies. Participating in our scheme leads to both career development and personal growth.
The Programme has successfully operated for over 25 years, enjoying a strong and long-running collaboration with the EPSRC (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council) as well as fostering and developing the relationship between Japanese industry and UK academia. The successful Fellow receives a generous package, including relocation assistance to and from Japan, together with support and advice prior to and during their stay.
The Toshiba Fellowship Programme 2014 is now open for applications.
- Visit the Toshiba Fellowship Programme website
- Look at this year’s research topics
- Register your interest online by completing the initial application questions
- Eligible applicants will be sent an application form
- You must apply by sending the paper application form by 6th December 2013
- You are also invited to attach up to two of your own research papers
- You must also submit two references to complete your application